I want to Volunteer
To support voluntary work in South Tyneside, Inspire South Tyneside runs a Volunteer Centre which both supports local charities by advertising their volunteer vacancies and also matches potential volunteers with those vacancies. Registering with us as an organisation means you can advertise your volunteer vacancies with us and we can help find you the volunteers you need. Registering with us as a potential volunteer means you can make a difference in your local area, and we can help you find the organisation/charity that is right for you.
There are so many benefits to volunteering:
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new, build your self-esteem and get a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.